Symposium 2022 Video
Dvir I Wegener I Griessmann — 3D Printing — Customized and at the Push of a Button / HFA Symposium 2022
The Hector Fellow Academy Symposium 2022 focused on the latest achievements of 3D printing in technology and life sciences. Under the title " 3D Printing: Customized and at the Push of a Button", Tal Dvir (Professor at the Department of Biotechnology Tel Aviv University) and Martin Wegener (Professor at the Institute of Applied Physics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) reported on their research in a generally understandable way. Martin Wegener´s talk was about new laser techniques that enable 3D printing to be applied at the micro and nanometer scale. Tal Dvir reported on how he succeeded for the first time in creating a prototype heart with tissue, blood vessels and chambers using a 3D printer. The evening was moderated by Andrea Griessmann, author and TV presenter for programs such as “Planet Wissen”.
- 02:27 — Welcome by Prof. Dr. Alexander Wanner, Vice President of KIT
- 13:33 — Prof. Dr. Martin Wegener "3D laser printing towards the nanometer scale"
- 53:00 — Prof. Dr. Tal Dvir "Engineering personalized tissue implants — From 3D printing to bionic organs"
- 1:30:34 — Discussion with Martin Wegener, Tal Dvir and Andrea Griessmann
- 01:55:51 — Closing words by Dr.-Ing. Judith Elsner, Managing Director of the Hector Fellow Academy
Information about the event
The event continues the series of symposia held by the Hector Fellow Academy (HFA) throughout Germany. Here, renowned experts present current research topics in a generally understandable way and discuss visions for the future. The HFA is a young academy of science that promotes cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in the STEM fields.